Try my cozy chicken soup with a surprise burst of cilantro. It is soooo tasty! Cilantro is a leafy green herb and is rich in antioxidants, can help soothe an upset stomach and can even help balance blood sugar levels. To read more about cilantro’s long list of benefits, click here.
Cozy Chicken Soup
- 10 cups chicken broth homemade
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4-6 chicken thighs skinless & boneless
- 4 medium potatoes cubed with skin on
- 4 medium carrots sliced & cut into quarters
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup milk cow or rice work well
- 1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped or minced
- Boil broth with chicken, onions, garlic and potatoes until chicken is cooked through. If you don't have homemade chicken broth on hand, you can use 2 organic tetra pack containers from the grocery store. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove from pot and place in a deep bowl and set aside. Add to the pot the carrots, corn, sea salt, milk and cilantro and bring to a boil. Now, using two forks you can shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces and return to the pot. Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes. Serve with fresh cilantro on top if you wish. Enjoy!