Tasty Turkey Burgers
Servings: 7 patties
This might be one of my most favourite recipes for the grill! The flavour of the apple, celery, onion and lime juice work so well with the turkey. Go bun-less and top your burgers with hummus, tomato slices and fresh sprouts!Print Recipe
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples peeled & diced
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 ribs celery finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 egg whisked
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 2 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 4 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté apple, onion & celery. Set aside and cool before mixing into meat. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Mixture will be moist but will hold together much better if you refrigerate the patties for ½ hour before grilling. Serve with hummus & fresh tomato. Makes about 7 patties.
To add an some extra flavour to your burger, saute the onions, apple, celery and garlic until the produce begins to caramelize. I often do this step in the morning before I leave for work, or the night before so that the mixture has time to cool before incorporating into the meat.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 169IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg