Confession time…I have been known to eat raw cookie dough in the past. I used to think that I was a little strange for doing so, but then something wonderful happened! Cookie dough ice cream was invented and I suddenly knew I wasn’t alone! Fortunately, I have changed my ways since those days of eating from the bowl. Those were back in the days of extreme sugar consumption – it was really bad. Candy by the bagful, batches of cookies that disappeared faster than I’d like to admit and chocolate bars didn’t stand a chance at being left alone. Now, my sugar consumption is in balance and I can enjoy a sweet treat from time to time without fearing that I’ll overdo it every.single.time. Life is better now and there is freedom in being in control of my cravings.
My sister in law introduced me to these oatmeal nut butter energy clusters over the Christmas holidays and I wanted to share it with you. It reminds me of that cookie dough I used to like to eat. The difference here – way better ingredients! Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Oatmeal Nut Energy Clusters
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips dark
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1 cup nut butter of your choice natural & unsweetened
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground flax
- Mix all ingredients and form into balls. Chill in the freezer or fridge until ready to eat. Easy peasy! That's all you need to do to have a healthy treat that is ready in a few minutes!