Mexican Beef Stew
Servings: 8 servings
This tasty stew will have you almost feeling the warmth of a Mexican beach. While it isn't spicy, the heartiness of it will warm you from the inside out!Print Recipe
- medium onion diced
- 2 llbs stewing beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper sliced & seeds removed (leaving the seeds will increase the spiciness)
- 1 medium bell pepper diced, any colour
- 3 medium potatoes diced, with skins left on for extra fibre
- 3 medium carrots sliced into coins
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 3 c beef stock
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- You can simply pop all of the ingredients into your slow cooker and let it do its magic for the day.
- If you have the time, spend a few extra minutes to do the following. Before adding ingredients to the slow cooker, caramelize the onion in 1 tbsp of coconut oil or butter. Next add beef and brown slightly. Add in the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add all these juicy bits to your slow cooker as well as the remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- I have an Instant Pot that has a sauté function as well as a slow cook function. Using the Instant Pot means that I can do everything I need in one place.
- Be creative with your veggies. Next time, I plan to swap out the white potatoes and give sweet potatoes a whirl.
- Enjoy your stew with diced avocado, shredded cheese and cornmeal muffins. Get the recipe for cornmeal muffins by going back to my recipe page.