Last week I began imagining what rhubarb & mango would taste like together. When I grocery shopped, I chose a few beautiful mangoes but had to wait on their ripening. While I waited, I explored the world of online recipes and saw all kinds of interesting things – rhubarb chutneys, muffins & crisps. Along the way, my taste buds kept bringing me back to muffins. Without further delay, I would like to introduce you to my latest recipe!
Rhubarb meets mango meets oatmeal meets coconut. This dairy-free, egg-free and gluten-free experiment turned out fantastic!
Mango Rhubarb Muffins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/3 c gluten-free or spelt flour
- 3/4 c raw sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flax ground
- 1/3 c unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 c unsweetened oat milk
- 1/2 c coconut oil melted
- 2 c rhubarb finely chopped
- 1 medium mango peeled & diced
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line your muffin tin with paper liners if you need to. (Note: I have a stoneware muffin pan that requires no greasing or paper liners. I've been using the same Pampered Chef pan for at least 10 years and I love it!)
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon & coconut. Mix ingredients until they are evenly distributed. Prepare rhubarb & mango and add to oat mixture. Stir in fruit so that it is also evenly distributed. Melt coconut oil and set aside. Add oat milk and vanilla to the dry ingredients and stir. Now add the melted coconut oil and stir. Divide the batter into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Enjoy!