Be the one who brings the healthy to your next gathering! This recipe has all the bases covered – quick, easy, delicious and nutritious!
One cup of chickpeas contains a whopping 39 grams of protein! Move over protein powder and give whole food options the attention they deserve! And with cucumbers, tomatoes and parsley, you are on your way to getting your daily fruits & veggies!
Life of the Party Hummus Dip
- 1 can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil first & cold pressed
- 1/4 cup warm water you may need to add a little extra
- 1 lemon freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 english cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup parsley minced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Blend chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, water, lemon juice, sea salt & garlic until creamy. You may need to add a little extra water to get the texture you are after. Spread hummus on a pretty serving plate.
- Top with diced tomatoes & cucumbers, feta cheese, kalamata olives & parsley. Serve with pita chips, rice crackers or whatever else floats your boat!