Servings: 8 people
Need a quick and easy crowd pleaser? Look no further! This hearty soup has it all - flavour, taste and will keep you full for hours.Print Recipe
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 bag Mediterranean vegetables frozen
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth organic or homemade
- 1 large can diced tomatoes low sodium
- 2 tbsp basil leaves dried
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups whole grain or gluten free pasta uncooked
- Combine all ingredients except pasta. Mix well and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Add pasta 30 minutes before serving and allow noodles to cook to your liking. Cooking times will vary with type and size of pasta used as well as personal preference.
When buying pasta make sure it says 100% whole grain. This means it is made from flour that contains the entire grain kernel, the germ, endosperm and bran. Whole grain pasta is rich in many nutrients essential for human health and is high in dietary fibre, which promotes regularity and may help lower cholesterol and aid in cancer prevention. For my gluten free friends, opt for brown rice, lentil, quinoa or chickpea pasta.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 323mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 93IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2mg