Servings: 4 people
We love us some guacamole! Avocados are a great source of fibre and healthy fat. They aren't know for their outstanding bold flavour but I have to say, pair an avocado up with a little garlic, cilantro, sea salt and lime juice and you have a winning combination!Print Recipe
- 2 medium avocado dark green and soft to the touch
- 1 small lime or lemon freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped, optional
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt to taste
- Guacamole is quick and easy. Anyone can squash an avocado - even our youngest chefs! Cut avocado in half and twist apart. Remove pit and set aside. Using a spoon, scoop out all the avocado and place into a deep bowl. Smash the avocado until creamy and a little lumpy if you like. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Alternatively, you can pop all of the ingredients into a mini food processor like this and let it do all the work. You can skip the step of mincing the cilantro and garlic this way!Did you remember to set aside that pit? If there is any guac left over, simply pop the pit back into the bowl with the guacamole. The pit will help keep your guacamole fresh until you finish it off. Use up leftovers in 1 to 2 days.
- Serve with veggies, whole grain crackers or organic tortilla chips.
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 505mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 214IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg