Lentils are a fantastic source of protein, fibre,and iron. They also help stabilize blood sugar and reduce cholesterol. Did I mention that they are also a very budget friendly food? With two boys who are heading towards the teen years, I need all the help I can get!
Easy Lentil Soup
- 1 medium cooking onion diced
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 2 cups red lentils rinsed & drained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 19 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 6 cups veggie or chicken broth
- Dice and sauté onion, carrots and celery. Add 2 c red lentils, rinsed & drained. Sauté for a minute with 2 cloves of minced garlic. Add one large can diced tomatoes, 1 tbsp curry powder, 1/2 tbsp sea salt and 6 c chicken or veggie broth. Simmer for 25 and blend with a hand held immersion blender. Enjoy!