Servings: 12 muffins
Need a little something to go along with your stew or chili? Look no further! These quick & easy muffins go together in a jiffy & are totally worth the effort!Print Recipe
- 1 cup cornmeal organic if possible
- 1 cup spelt or gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg whisked
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil melted
- 1 cup milk cow or unsweetened almond or brown rice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, spelt or gluten free flour, sugar, baking powder & sea salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg & milk together.
- Mix the wet & dry ingredients. Before everything is well mixed, add the melted butter or coconut oil. Adding it to the egg & milk mixture directly, will cause the oil to solidify.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 227mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 171IU | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1mg