Chocolate chips & chickpeas are the winning combination of these 3C Cookies! Your chickpeas are going to shine in a whole new & unexpected way in this quick & easy recipe.
3C Cookies - Chickpeas, Coconut & Chocolate
- 1 cup butter or coconut oil softened
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 15 oz can of chickpeas rinsed & drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp warm water optional
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, quick
- 2 cup light spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 cup dark chocolate chips, unsweetened dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Blend chickpeas in a blender or mini food processor with the eggs & vanilla. Add a tablespoon of warm water if needed to get a smooth consistency
- In a large bowl, combine the butter or coconut oil and sugar. Lightly beat with an electric mixer.
- Cream together the chickpea mixture.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda and sea salt and beat again at a medium speed to form a thick dough. Add chocolate chips...or unsweetened cranberries or raisins if you wish.
- Bake cookies for 8 – 10 minutes depending on how soft or hard you like your cookies. We like them all soft and gooey, so 8 minutes is usually perfect. Once the cookies are finished baking, pull them from the oven and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes.